The Art of Negotiating® International Business (optional BRICS focus)
- February 20th, 2012
- All Seminars
- 0 Comments
The Art of Negotiating® International Business is unique seminar that prepares participants for successful business ventures overseas. In the past few years, the Institute has seen a growing demand for negotiation skills courses specifically tailored to business in emerging markets—Brazil, Russia, India, China, and South Africa (BRICS)—countries that present profitable opportunities for high-yield investments in their developing or newly industrializing economies.
The Art of Negotiating® International Business is a comprehensive course on conducting business with international counterparts, led by seasoned instructors having experience in successful transactions across 50 countries.
Business leaders, financiers, fund managers and venture capitalists around the world have the opportunity to learn the fundamentals of successful transactions on a global scale, turning opportunities into profitable win/win business deals.
Even the most experienced, well-traveled business professionals find it difficult to navigate international deals when unique customs, cultures and foreign language become barriers to agreements. This seminar will prepare participants by exploring the fundamental aspects of international negotiations—and how geography, culture, society, etiquette, protocol, customs and other important elements can weigh heavily on outcomes.
An international business expert on the specific country requested will conduct this seminar, and customize the material to your specific needs.
In The Art of Negotiating® International Business, participants will learn to:
- Break social, cultural, and language-related barriers in negotiations with international counterparts
- Maximize profit as well as key relationships
- Avoid common mistakes and risks associated with overseas business transactions
- Properly evaluate the interests of the other side
- use principled negotiation strategies, tactics and techniques of persuasion that directly take into account your international counterparts
- Decipher which skills and tactics to use at which points in the negotiation process
- Approach disagreements and conflict that arise as a result of miscommunication or misinterpretation
- Gain international respect for your organization, and build relationships in an expanding global network
become familiar with long-distance negotiation via multiple modes of communication technologies- teleconferencing, email, phone and social media
If your organization has been presented with a potentially high-yield business opportunity overseas, this seminar will prepare participants to achieve maximum results through a program fully customized to the actual negotiations that apply to your specific deal.