The Negotiation Institute seeks to hire staff who reflect the diversity of the organizations we serve. All positions at TNI are filled without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. All are encouraged to apply.
Please submit your full resume/CV and cover letter in PDF form to firstname.lastname@example.org regarding any of the available positions below, stating position in the subject line.
This is an exciting opportunity for anyone looking to get hands-on experience working directly with the Chief Marketing Officer and developer/graphic design team at the US headquarters of a leading corporate training organization located in high-rise offices heart of Manhattan.
Projects may include, but will not be limited to:
-Assist with design of printed and digital marketing materials.
-Monitor and update inventories for printed materials. Organize and manage archives.
-Help write content for newsletters
-Provide support in strategic meetings to increase awareness of TNI and create greater brand recognition.
-Perform marketing research and general administrative tasks as needed.
Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator)
Excellent design skills with a strong focus on typography and layout.
Excellent communication and organizational skills.
Experience/strong interest in writing and editing copy for marketing materials.
Resourcefulness, ability to take initiative, and to work both independently and as a team are vital.
This internship will provide key work experience in marketing, communications and graphic design.
Skills and Experience:
-Proven ability to canvass, qualify and analyze client needs, present TNI offerings, and close deals.
-B2B Sales consistently achieving or exceeding assigned sales quota.
-Experience in the executive training or education area is a plus, but not mandatory.
-Familiarity with CRM systems.
-General knowledge of various businesses and corporate structure is a plus.
Sales Consultants are provided with the tools necessary to succeed, including informal training and the Pipedrive CRM system. If you’re based in the New York City area and your career goals include learning, achieving and growing, and success is what motivates you, apply now.
– Ability to balance administrative needs, schedules and budgets while coordinating staff, faculty and freelancers
– B.A required plus a minimum of 5+ years experience as an administrative office manager or assistant
– Ability to apply proven methods, operations and processes to manage a successful office environment at TNI (Creates, implements, and improves processes and procedures for the most efficient and effective use of resources)
– Dependable, pays attention to details, has ability to execute, and well organized
– Ability to install procedures and proactively manage office team (initiate process and organizational systems and act independently while anticipating needs)
– Effective interpersonal and organizational skills
– Excellent verbal and written communication skills
– Very good administrative and computer skills (Salesforce CRM, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint), internet and email
– Must be a team player with friendly demeanor
– Must be cool under pressure, multi-task efficiently and be able to handle deadlines
– Ability to assess and respond to both routine and urgent situations at a sophisticated and advanced level
– Demonstrates confidence working and making decisions independently, while taking into account and staying attuned to need for alignment with employees and key stakeholders
Daily responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
– Serving as secretary to Executive Board
– Fielding inbound and making outbound calls
– Handling incoming and outgoing mail
– Deciding and prioritizing on a daily basis which demands should be met, which cannot be met, and which should be presented for decision
– Greeting and managing office visitors
– Planning, scheduling, and coordinating organization-wide meetings and events as well as coordinating TNI meetings with off-site partners
– Initiating follow-up meetings and ensures that appropriate follow-up actions are taken
– Verifying and tracking invoices, managing collections and accounts receivable
– Ongoing management and updates to key databases
– Hosting and managing conference calls
– Facilitating key administrative and strategic meetings
– Analyzing and producing confidential administrative and research data
– Sourcing, archiving and managing historic company documents and assets
– Booking and coordinating staff and faculty travel
– Acting as a liaison between staff and IT Manager; staff/faculty and accounting; staff and faculty; faculty and clients
– Managing the preparation, acquisition, collection, and archiving of materials, as well as the management, logistics and dissemination of seminar materials developed by TNI, ensuring brand compliance on all
– Collating, tabulating, analyzing data and portraying it in tabular and graphical form; creating spreadsheets in Excel, presentations in PowerPoint and uses Microsoft Publisher to create professional documents and materials; creating and modifying presentations, spreadsheets, and other documents as well as assists in developing ad hoc reports and conducting special projects as needed
– General office admin/HR duties (negotiating vendor contracts, managing expense reports, filing, faxing, copying, and ordering supplies.)
– Managing office personnel including recruiting and freelancer hiring process (screen applicants and interview)
The responsibilities listed above are representative of the position and are not all-inclusive.